A forum to chat and have fun.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS: Happy 10 Years, CPIgloo!

On this day, 10 years ago...

Dylan
    Administrator

Number of posts : 6607
    Registration date : 2008-03-10

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    31/100  (31/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Founder in waiting

On this day, 10 years ago...

Post by Dylan on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:26 pm

...the great Misam created the CPIgloo Forums at 8:46pm GMT.

Ten years have passed since the inception of this great forum, and what do we have to show for it? 53000+ posts spread over at least 2700 topics, with the old guard occasionally coming on to see if anything has miraculously changed, or to just check in on old friends that they spuriously know from a 10 year old Club Penguin forum.

I joined this forum about a week after it was created, when I would have been 10 years old (and a lot of our members would have been similar ages), in primary school with nothing better to do but play Club Penguin and talk to like-minded weirdos on the internet. Ten years later, I'm now 20, at university, and this forum has been around for 50% of my lifetime. It's nice to look back on old posts and see my life somewhat documented from 10 years ago until now.

And as I mentioned when I posted about Club Penguin's imminent closure, no one can take away that this forum was a part of our lives, and it helped helped link us to people from all around the world, especially those first two or three months when the forum was really active. It felt like a small community, which to be fair has only become smaller over time.

But essentially, the point of this post is to symbolically wish The CPIgloo Forums a Happy 10th Birthday, and to make the rest of us feel old.

CPIgloo Forums
    02/03/2008 - ???

Email: d.j.kay@outlook.com
    Mugy
    Ranked #2 Poster
    Ranked #2 Poster

Number of posts : 8480
    Registration date : 2008-04-13

Character Sheet
    Demerit points:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Strikes remaining:
    3/3  (3/3)
    Character Achievements: Ranked #2 Poster, Commander-In-Chief rank.

Re: On this day, 10 years ago...

Post by Mugy on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:45 am

I dun wanna grow up

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:26 pm